Saturday, February 3, 2018

Hooray!! Back to School for lots of fun and learning. 

My name is Mrs Dunkley and I have been working at St Mary's for 10 years. That's a whole life time for you guys! That makes me sound really old doesn't it? 

On Wednesday I will send home a letter that introduces the Senior School much more in depth for those that are new to "Seniors". It is really exciting to be the older ones at school now. 

Notices for this week....

School starts on WEDNESDAY. 

Please ensure you have all your stationery as we get started straight away. NAME EVERYTHING. Shoes, Uniforms, Books....I am trying to save the planet by not covering books in plastic sticky stuff....it means the books cannot be recycled. I know they look pretty but.....have you every tried these....they are removable and last for YEARS! https://www.ezcovers.com/nz/

What to bring on your first day:

Do you have any stickers at home? Bring a few along to decorate your "Goals and Dreams" notebook, if you don't I'm sure we can share, and I have some too. (I have the notebooks already)

A paper towel tube, for your time capsule. (Don't panic if you don't have one, I'm sure some people will be able to bring one or two. I have raided my recycling bin!)

Your swimming togs and towel. Goggles are always useful as well. Please if you are not swimming you MUST bring a note of explanation, St Mary's prides itself in having accomplished swimmers and in New Zealand, YOU really need to be a good swimmer. 

A drink bottle ........it's been really hot!

Your reading log....please let us be the winners, don't you love being a winner? 

We have two children (and a teacher) with severe anaphylaxis....that means we are allergy to something (nuts). It is important we are really careful with nuts in our class. We will talk further about this in our classroom. Believe me it is not fun having to carry and epipen everywhere and wondering if your dare eat something or not. I always err on not!

Our concept for the term is Belonging, we will be learning about the ANZAC's and Waitangi day and also finding out what you want to learn about.  

Our value for the term is Respect, Respect for Jesus, Respect for others and Respect for yourself. 

Well that's all for now. See you on Wednesday with a smile on your face and curious mind. 

Mrs D    x















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please note that all comments have to be seen and approved by the class teacher before you will be able to view them online.

FINAL WEEK - Term 4

What a great year of learning. I am really pleased at how hard the children have worked this year, they have had some very good results. T...